The aim of the Targeted Youth Employability Support Initiative (TYESI) is to engage and support the harder to reach young people aged 15 to 24 years who are not currently in employment, education, or training.
Completed applications must be returned to Denise Cummins email@example.com no later than Friday 17th September 2020
More information about TYESI
The focus of the initiative is on soft skills and developing these in relation to employability. It is to assist young people to attain a level of confidence and agency to engage in currently available programmes or services, for example, Youthreach.
Short focussed interventions are to provide community-based support to young people to attain a level of confidence and agency to engage in a wide range of currently available progression routes to further education and training programmes and/or employment.
The successful applicants will be expected to work with ‘hard to reach’ cohorts of young people. A certain amount of flexibility is available to organisations in the design and content of their proposed programmes/actions under the Initiative. Good governance and evaluation must be part of the approach being proposed.
The objectives of the Targeted Youth Employability Support Initiative (TYESI) are as follows:
1. Engage young people in the TYESI target group focusing on their support needs to develop their personal and social development outcomes, preparing them for onward progression to further education, training and/or employment.
2. Provide safe, welcoming, non-judgemental spaces.
3. Provide quality, evidence-based interventions that respond to the needs of the target group/needs identified by the ETB which operate from a process of ongoing review and monitoring.
4. Implement a range of methods including but not limited to small group work, large group work, one to one, coaching and mentoring, outreach in the recruitment of and engagement with young people throughout the programme.
5. As far as is practical, involve young people in the development, delivery and evaluation of the interventions under the TYESI.
6. Proposals must clearly demonstrate additionality to and non-duplication of existing services.
7. Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
Target Group & Needs:
The target group for the TYESI is young people between the ages of 15 and 24 (inclusive), who are not currently in employment, education, or training. In particular applicants should consider the following in presenting their proposals:
• Young people experiencing economic disadvantage
• Young people who live in communities with higher than average levels of youth unemployment or intergenerational unemployment,
• Young people experiencing marginalisation or are at risk of not flourishing, have little or no formal structure in their lives, or are experiencing significant isolation from their community or peers.
Completed applications must be returned to Denise Cummins firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than Friday 17th September 2020