Mitigating Against Educational Disadvantage Fund (MaEDF) 2021– Call For Applications
Following the success of projects funded through the Mitigating against Educational Disadvantage Fund (MaEDF) in 2020, we are pleased to advise that €10 million in funding to support a new open call has been confirmed for 2021. Please note the closing date for applications is Monday 13th September
The Mitigating Against Educational Disadvantage Fund (MaEDF) aims to provide funding to support educationally disadvantaged learners in accessing and participating in community education. The fund was launched by Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science Simon Harris TD, and is administered by SOLAS, the further education and training authority, and the 16 local Education and Training Boards.
DDLETB is now inviting applications from Community Education providers for funding from Mitigating Educational Disadvantage Fund 2021.
This fund places a strong focus on
- Community Education as a mechanism to continue to support and engage with disadvantaged learners
- Reaching out, encouraging and supporting learners to re-engage with further education and training
- Enticing new learners to engage with further education and training opportunities
- Enabling the investment in building the digital infrastructure of providers, and their capability to ensure that online learning can be delivered in a way that meets the complex needs of learners.
Categories eligible for funding consideration are:
- Digital Technologies – Supply of devices, software and systems, or CPD training, to facilitate high quality learning and delivery.
- Learner Assistance Fund to help, where appropriate, with costs associated with course participation, such as: books and class materials.
- Outreach, Engagement and Mentoring Fund to assist with costs associated with activities such as awareness raising, and services to promote re-engagement
- COVID-19 Recovery Exceptional Circumstances Fund for Community Education to address educationally disadvantaged learners
Administration of the MAEDF grant
Funds are allocated by SOLAS to DDLETB, who is responsible for the administration and management of funding within its region.
Approved funding allocation for any activity under the MAEDF must:
(a) Be used for the specific purpose intended
(b) All expenditure to be completed by 2021 year-end
(c) Not to be used for any pay costs or costs of a recruiting nature
Application Forms & Guidelines
Click here for the DDLETB External Application Form MaEDF 2021
Click here for the MAEDF 2021 ETB Guidelines
Closing Date: Monday 13th September
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The fund was first made available in 2020 with over 500 community education projects funded through the 16 Education and Training Boards. The projects funded varied from projects to help support online leaning, connect communities and providing social supports to the most disadvantaged.
Click here to watch the Youtube video