Further Education Terms and Conditions
Dublin & Dún Laoghaire Education & Training Board (DDLETB) is now providing the facility to make payments online through credit or debit cards.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the online payment facility.
Terms and Conditions
* By accepting the Terms and Conditions for using the online facility you declare that all information provided by you is correct.
* The encryption technology used on the site offers a high level of security. Payments are made through a secure payment gateway.
* The system accepts Visa, Visa Debit, and Mastercard.
* Credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. Payments are through the online site and details of the card are received only by the secure online payment agent/ merchant bank.
* All payments are in EURO and your account will be immediately debited for the amount.
* DDLETB cannot accept liability should a credit/debit card be declined.
* An automatic email is issued confirming the payment deducted from your credit/debit card.
* Payment by you does not constitute a binding contract.
* A student may be denied permission to progress in his/her programme of study if all fees have not been paid in full.
* DDLETB may at any time at its sole discretion modify the terms of access on this facility.
* Your continued use of the facility following any such modification shall be deemed acceptance of such modification.
* Disputes arising from the use of the facility and the interpretation of the DDLETB’s Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Disputes will be brought before the Irish Courts. The DDLETB reserves the right to institute proceedings in the country of your residence.
Any information which is provided by you will be treated in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act, on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data. Statistical and analytical information collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs provides us with general and not individually specific information. DDLETB may use this information for general statistical purposes and will make no attempt to identify individual users or to associate any technical information collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs with any individual user.
Data may be shared with bodies and agencies approved by the Department of Education and Skills, SOLAS and DDLETB, as necessary for the purposes of reporting and monitoring the impact of the Programme. Under the Data Protection Act, personal information recorded in manual or electronic format must be stored safely and treated as confidential and should never be made available publicly in any way which could identify an individual and that it will not be used without consent other than for the purpose for which it was gathered.
Further information on your data privacy rights is available on the website of the Data Protection Commissioner www.dataprotection.ie. The DDLETB Data Protection Policy is available to read here.
DDLETB uses the security of HTTPS which uses secret keys to exchange a short-term session key to encrypt the data flow between our customers and servers. Information is scrambled whilst it is moving from one source to another to prevent information being viewed or tampered. All data and records are securely hosted in the software provider’s R&D Data Centre.
The ETB reserves the right to cancel courses or activities. In cases where a course or activity is cancelled, the ETB will contact the student or parent by email or SMS within 14 days. Part-refunds in cases where a course is cancelled midway is reviewed by Management on a case by case basis. The student or parent is then refunded fees by the method in which he or she has paid within 14 days.
The ETB accepts no obligation to refund any fee (or part fee) paid by a student to the ETB or to a student who withdraws from the course. All refunds are at the discretion of Management. Refunds depend on the nature and timing of payments and the purpose for which they are being made. In certain circumstances, refunds will not apply. A full refund will only be given to applicants for courses which do not proceed. For further clarification please contact the College of Further Education